Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Update

Overall, we had a fantastic lazy weekend! Saturday was spent indoors, out of the thunderstorms, on the floor playing games.  Daniel and I also bought 2 Mario Brothers games on the WII.  The 1st one and the 3rd one.  SO. MUCH. FUN.  My thumbs were numb by Saturday night from playing.  Eventually, though I am going to have to give it up and let Ashlyn actually have a turn to play.  Oh yeah- we also cooked a fabulous deer roast Saturday!! I forgot to take pictures of it.. it looked and tasted so, so good.  I also paired it with some good home-made mashed potatoes.  Daniel reminded me the other day that it is almost Lent and I am giving up potatoes in all forms this year.  So, everything that is potato that I can find in my house will be eaten by Wednesday. (I know, I know- Daniel and Ashlyn aren't giving up potatoes, but if I can't have them, no one can!)  Sunday wasn't so bad, either.  Ashlyn dressed herself for church again, and it only took her 3 tries before getting her outfit/ jewelry right.  After church, we had brunch at Weidmann's again!!! It's still my favorite!! Also, how many 7 year olds do you know go to a restaurant and order eggs benedict with roasted pork loin?  I'm so glad I taught her about good food at a young age, but I have a feeling this may get expensive- every now and then I'm hoping she will ask for a happy meal, rather than takeout from Giardnia's.  After brunch, we checked out the estate sale in Meridian- only we were way too late.  There was nothing left.  We figured no one would have gone Saturday because of the nasty weather, but I guess we were wrong!  After that we took our once every other week Walmart trip.  And we always leave wondering how we spent so much- does everyone go to Walmart and leave shocked when they get their total?? I would believe so.  Thank goodness we don't go once a week!! Otherwise, I would need a job very badly!  Sunday evening was spent back on the floor playing games.  I am the Uno champion, by the way- Daniel just can't win!! And sorry again, but I just never picked up my camera this weekend! But I do have a picture of a new painting for the house. Ashlyn wanted a pretty picture with decorations hanging on it... so this is what she gets-

No comments:

Post a Comment