Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Ash Wednesday!

My birthday was a total success yesterday.  Dinner at the Mexican restaurant was amazing!! Ashlyn also made me another card!! I also got another gift certificate for the other hallway runner rug that I've been wanting.  Oh and Ashlyn also gave me $10.  She wanted Daniel to buy me some jewelry with it, but Daniel had to explain to her that there was nowhere in Decatur to buy me some jewelry! So she gave me the $10 instead.  Isn't she sweet??  Here's our pic before bedtime last night-
Yesterday was great, today however.... well, I can't seem to get off of Ebay.  But I sure do hope I win.  Daniel may need to hide his credit card.  And Abel left before the thunderstorms started yesterday afternoon.  He was gone all night.  And still not back.  He is going to need 3 baths when he returns because there is nothing but mud and standing water outside of our house right now.  He's in big trouble when he comes home!
I've decided not to even attemp to go to Ash Wednesday Mass in Meridian tonight because, well, there is a bit of flooding going on in Meridian.  Nothing too serious, but streets covered in water, etc.  And it will be dark at 6:30 when I get there.  And I have poor luck.  And I won't be able to see.  Do Methodist churches have Ash Wednesday services with the full out ashes on the forehead thing? Maybe I'll see about going to the Methodist church in Decatur tonight instead.  It's a lot closer.  I'll make a call.  p.s.- they should consider building a Catholic church in Little Rock just for me.
Sorry, Daniel, but today also marks day 1 of me giving up potatoes for lent!! This coming from a girl who wants french fries every other day, and mashed potatoes the other days.  Things may get ugly.  Along with my giving up something, I am going to 'add' something- walking every day for the next 40 days.  Instead of walking/ working out my usual 4 days a week, I'm gonna make it 7 days a week.  Wish me luck.  I can just walk instead during my usual Ebay time.  Who am I kidding- I can't give up Ebay.  But I will keep up with exercising 7 days a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment