Friday, March 4, 2011

OMG Moment

I got to go to school today to read Dr. Suess books to Ashlyn's class.  Today was the kickoff for 'Read Across America' and they combined it with celebrating Dr. Suess's birthday which was this past Wednesday.  Ashlyn's school's goal is to read 14,000 books by May 6th.  14,000 sounds like a lot, but that's what Ashlyn said.  I had to explain to her that it was not expected of her to read 14,000 books all by herself.  Anywho, I was there reading right before their lunch time, so I joined the first graders for lunch in the cafeteria.  While Ashlyn and I were chatting and eating, I asked her to point out different people in her class so I could put faces with names. (You know, like the 5 boys she has a crush on, the girls in her "group", who the mean girls are, etc..) (And Daniel made me promise before I left not to say anything to the mean girls because he knows how I can be...)  This was the moment when I was pretty much introduced to Ashlyn's boyfriend.  She said, while pointing at him across the table,"and that's Jake."  All I got from him was a blank stare.  And what did Ashlyn want from me- a "nice to meet you"?  I don't think so.  This little boy thinks he's my baby's "boyfriend".  Not if I have anything to do about it.  She then told me that she wrote him a note saying that she liked him and he wrote her a note back saying he liked her to.  So that makes him her boyfriend.  I asked Ashlyn to explain to me what 'like' meant but she couldn't give me a straight answer.  I'll let her continue with this little game for now- as long as nothing too serious comes from it.  Oh- the only remotely cute thing about this whole situation is that Jake has red hair, too.  After lunch, I left Ash to go back to her classroom, then I made the 20 minute drive back to Little Rock with 1000 thoughts going through my mind.  I couldn't wait to get home and tell Daniel about everything that I just experienced.  He met me with the same old "you're over-reacting" look.  Who me? Never.  When Ashlyn finally got home from school, I asked her if she had this so called note from Jake stating that he liked her.  Much to my surprise, she had it in her backpack AND she actually let me read it. And take a picture of it for my blog!  Sadly, after reading the note, I've decided to tell Ashlyn she has to break up with this kid.  He can't spell.
"I Liice You 2"


No comments:

Post a Comment