Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Way to go, Ashlyn!!

Ashlyn came home from school yesterday with her weekly homework log and reminders for me. Newton County Elementary School has been participating in this Read Across America thing. Ashlyn's class read 612 books. And the top reader in the class was..... drum roll please... ASHLYN! She read 110 books. I'm a proud Mama. The kid that came in second place never stood a chance- as competitive at school work as Ash is, she would have never let anyone surpass her number of books read. And I can blog about this all I want, because Ashlyn never told me I couldn't. However, after she gave me all my Mother's Day goodies when she got home from school Friday, she asked me if I was going to put them on my blog. I told her that of course I was... why? She then let me know that she didn't want me to. So I didn't tell you about my beautiful paper basket full of paper flowers with written "promises" on them. (clean her room, wash the dishes, etc..) Along with a card that made me feel super special, and a letter telling me how awesome I am. And since she didn't want me to tell anyone on my blog about it, I won't. :) But she never said I couldn't brag about how good of a reader she is! (Plus I just won't tell her I did.)

Now, if only I could find a way to get her out of this "depression" she seems to be sinking into. Why is she so sad, you ask? Because school is almost over! She is so excited about 2nd grade, but can't imagine an entire summer with no school. So sweet, yet so scary at the same time. I may be the only mother in the world this summer who has to make her child go outside and play. I'm going to have to print out a bunch of math sheets for her to work, and come up with a summer reading list for her to keep her happy. I, on the other hand, will be in the pool.

P.S.- My garden is growing!!! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment