Thursday, May 12, 2011

Don't Call Me a Redneck.....


Yes. That would be my husband and daughter outside after 10 last night checking our trap. My dad made us a homemade rabbit trap, or rather a homemade "whatever animal crawls inside" trap. I, of course, went to bad early last night. I was watching re-runs on food network when Daniel walked in to get the big flashlight. You would have thought he was a kid at Christmas by the grin on his face as he said, "I think we caught something in the trap!" It's kind of a big deal, because this was our first time to successfully capture a poor helpless creature. But, I don't want rodents running around my garden. Of course, we had to wake Ashlyn up and get her in on all of this, because she is just as much into keeping up with the trap as Daniel is. Daniel determined it was a scared little possum, and we let it go... because no one wants to deal with a dead possum in the morning. Judging by the heat outside, it's chance for survival was very minimal. And it's not like I'm a redneck who is going to get joy out of shooting it, or joy out of eating it. Which brings me to my next point. What exactly is the point of having this trap if all we do is let go whatever we catch??

No comments:

Post a Comment