Monday, May 2, 2011

A Very Happy Weekend!

My weekend was awesome! Friday we cooked a fantastic meal on the grill. I really wanted to eat on our new patio furniture, so we cooked some good food to eat- only half way through the meal Daniel told me I should have taken a picture for my blog. Oops. I was more concerned with eating. So no picture of the stuffed pork chops and grilled veggies. And did I mention it was AMAZING??!!
Saturday, we headed to Geyser Falls for the day!!! We had SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to go back. I don't know who had more fun on the water slides- Ashlyn or Daniel, because I swear I heard Daniel doing a lot more screaming than Ashlyn! I thoroughly enjoyed just laying out on the beach. So, overall, I rate this water park a 10. Well, I rate it a 10 now. I have to remember that it is still early, so June- July will probably be a lot more crowded and my opinion may change. BUT I do love that place! (p.s.- The Beach Boys will be there May 28th at 3 that afternoon doing a free show inside the park at the restaurant/ bar there. I'm so going. I mean- it's The Beach Boys... ) While Ashlyn and Daniel were swimming in the pool at the beach, I pulled out my camera to take a quick picture, only to find that my camera was telling me to change my batteries. My bad. So no Saturday pics, either.
Sunday, we all 3 got major sun burn. That's not fun, but having our garden planted is super fun! So, just my luck, we didn't get burned Saturday at the water park, but walking around outside our own house Sunday we all 3 end up miserable! I'm super proud of my almost full garden. We've got watermelon, sunflowers, okra, lima beans, peas, cayenne peppers, jalapeno peppers, red and green bell peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, and cantaloupes planted- and still have to add our squash and cherry tomatoes. I really hope everything decides to actually grow!

So, overall it was a very happy weekend! Something else I'm super happy about? Hearing last night that Bin Laden got shot in the head. I'm not an evil person or anything, but hearing his name and "shot in the head" in the same sentence sounded pretty good to me!

1 comment: