Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Little Ballerina!!



Daniel and I surprised Ashlyn yesterday...
Daniel picked her up from school early, brought her home, I told her to change into her leotard quickly, then we got in the car and headed to Meridian to audition to be in "The Nutcracker"!!!
We were there for HOURS....
They lined all the girls (and 1 cute little boy) up on stage and the real Russian ballerina had them all doing different ballet moves to see who gets to be what.
Ashlyn got picked to be an angel!!!
After being assigned roles, practice began.  (That's why we were there for hours... I didn't realize what I was getting myself into.)
But, it's definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity- Ashlyn will remember this for the rest of her life! She is so excited! And I'm so glad I decided to take her yesterday.
I'm so glad I was a good mom and remembered to  take my camera and my video camera so I could record the whole thing for her- plus she can watch the video and practice her moves... She will be rehearsing in Meridian with all of the other angels several times before the performance in November... I wonder if she'll fall in love with the dance studio she'll be rehearsing at and want to join afterwards... that's gonna be a lot of gas money going back and forth!  But, usually, whatever Ashlyn wants, Ashlyn gets- one way or another. 
I can't wait until November 23rd for the ballet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment