Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hand Sucking, Ballets, and Zombies

Kittrell discovered his hands a long time ago, but just recently, he began to suck on them.  Very loudly.  I am not exaggerating at all when I say that I can be in my bedroom on one side of the house and he can be in the living room on the other side of the house, and I can hear him sucking on his hands.  It's cute, though.  And I don't want you to think that I leave him unsupervised in the living room all the time.  I'm just sayin...

Last night, I took Ashlyn to her first "Nutcracker" rehearsal.  She loved it a lot more than the auditions/ first practice they had.  (That may or may not have to do with the fact that I bought her some newer, better fitting ballet shoes- that child is growing like a weed.)  The only thing I didn't like?  Rehearsal wasn't over until 8:00.  And we have a good 30-40 drive home.  And in case you didn't know, if Ashlyn doesn't go to bed at precisely 8:00 p.m. sharp, she is an absolute terror to deal with the next morning.  But, she got it honest.  I'm a grouchy morning person, too. :)

And surprisingly, we were all up at 5:30 this morning getting dressed, eating breakfast, and being nice to each other.  I still can't believe it.


P.S.  Is it normal if your 7 year old tells you that she wants to be a dead zombie vampire bride for Halloween?  Should I be worried about this one??  Whatever happened to princesses and butterflies?

No comments:

Post a Comment