Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Birthday Bash

How was your weekend??   Ours was great.  We stayed in Little Rock.  For the first time in MONTHS.  Seriously.  I was a little in freak out mode thinking I had 10 loads of laundry to do and a whole house to clean yesterday afternoon- then Daniel reminded me that we hadn't been out of town and the house was just fine.  And also, for the first time in a while, I'm doing my Monday morning laundry and only have 2 loads.  That never happens.  (It's usually at the least, 10.) 

We had the family over for the weekend, along with the Cooper's and celebrated Ashlyn's 8th birthday.  Thank goodness, the rain held off!!  Fireworks, a bonfire, a really good birthday dinner, and cake!!  And I had my fair share of cake- Weight Watchers starts back today.  I'm sad and happy about that one all at the same time. 





And the highlight of the weekend??  Ashlyn rode her new bike!!  The significance of the new bike is that she asked for it from Santa.  She wanted a big bike- with a kick stand and NO training wheels.  We have struggled to get her on the thing, but as soon as her friends showed up to her party Saturday night she jumped on it to show off.  A I'll be damned if she didn't actually get on and take off riding.  All by herself!  So excited!!





No comments:

Post a Comment