Monday, January 23, 2012


So,  last week went like this:  Tuesday-  took Kitttrell to the doctor at lunch, he had a good ol' double ear infection.  Great.  Crying baby.  All day long.  About 4:00 I found Abel and called Daniel in a panic to come home and get him to the vet.  While waiting to hear from Daniel after he took Abel, my mom called to tell me about my dad's wreck/ tornado adventure.  This was all in one afternoon. 

Wednesday I ate a cheeseburger and fries (because that is what always makes me feel better) and Daniel stayed home that morning to help me around the house, and let me get some sleep since my night before wasn't the best.  He went to work after we heard from the vet that Abel's amputation went well. 

Thursday I got up and sat by the phone until I heard what time we were going to get Abel.  After lunch we could get him!  That was the longest morning ever.  Thursday afternoon, we went and got Abel-  happy to have him home, so sad he is gong through this, and so mad someone would do that to him!!

Friday morning, bright and early, I headed to Greenwood for my Dad's surgery.  It was a long day of waiting, but all went well.  Saw some good friends and had some great conversation that night.

First thing Saturday morning, back to the hospital, where pain meds were not even working!  My poor Dad.  Sat with him and my mom that day before heading back home to Little Rock.  By the time I got home to Daniel, Kittrell, and Abel, I was sick.  Exhausted.  Ready for a new week!  I'm so glad Saturday is OVER!  I went to bed at 7:00 and slept until 8:00 the next morning.  Thank you Daniel!  I needed that.  I was starting to feel a lot better. 

Daniel helped my out a lot Sunday, also.  I know I say this a lot, but I'm very lucky.  Thank goodness for such great positive friends and family-  I made it through Sunday also!  ( and the Giants are going to the Superbowl!!)

Now it's Monday.  Ahh- Monday.  You would think I was well rested and having a great morning.  But no.  I went to bed at 4:00 this morning.  Because I can't sleep when there are tornadoes everywhere.  And they didn't leave until 4:00. So I got 2 hours sleep.  I wanted to lay on the couch and close my eyes for just a minute earlier today, but then Abel started barking.  Ugh.  I can't ignore that sweet baby!  So,  today should be fun.  Between a 6 month old who is crawling all over the place and a hurt pup who can't lick/ bite/ scratch/ rub his staples in his leg, I'm going to be constantly watching them.  Did I mention that Kittrell spends most of his time trying to get to Abel?  That won't be good if it happens with my back turned!! And yes- Abel has a cone.  But be honest-  would you want you dog wearing that thing 24/7?  I didn't think so!

Here's to a week that's better than the last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment