Thursday, January 19, 2012

One day at a time...

This week has been one that I hope to never have to experience again. But thanks to wonderful family and friends (and wine) and their support, I think my family is going to be just fine. Abel came home from the vet today!! Although all I want to do is hold him and cry, I know I have to be the strong mama and not let him see me upset. I certainly don't want to upset him!! He is certainly tired, and I can see the pain in his eyes, but we are going to be there for him every step of the way. He is hopping around just fine. He is looking very very skinny, but we will fix that right up!! We bought extra treats for him and even a new bed!! All he has to do for the next couple of weeks is rest and eat. We are so thankful that he only lost his leg and we didn't have to lose him. Abel is one strong pup!! Daniel turned me on to a website- www.tripawds.com- I laughed, I cried. A website full of people with inspiring stories. It gave me that little bit of extra hope and strength I needed. Honestly, I had no idea where to begin. What do you do? How do you prepare for your dog's homecoming after such a tragedy? I cleaned my house top to bottom and even rearranged my living room for 'easier access' for him to get around. The main thing is, though, that he is home. And he will get better. We've missed him so much!! Welcome home Abel!!!

I'm heading home to the delta tomorrow to see my dad. His surgery on his leg is sometime tomorrow afternoon. He'll be fixed up in no time! (we certainly hope so, at least!)

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment