Thursday, June 7, 2012

Squash and Tomato Tart Day

I love a tomato tart as much as I love my children. That's no lie. And what I love about it is that you don't have to go to the grocery store. You can make it with whatever seasonings and cheeses you already have. Ideally, you would use mozzarella cheese, but I already had pepper jack so that's what we used today. We got our first big haul from the garden yesterday! I've been wanting a tomato tart badly. I had a big tomato in the fridge. I have my sous chef ready to help out. So why not make a tart today! Sometimes I really do have great ideas. The best part? I made my own pastry dough. And it was good. I don't bake I don't bake I don't bake. So, I was shocked when the dough came out alright. Well, actually Ashlyn handled most of the dough so I'm sure that's why it turned out good! Getting my mise en place, I decided not to leave the fresh squash out of the tomato tart party. I'm so glad we didn't leave the squash out of the tart party. I'm saving the big tart for dinner, so Daniel better hurry home. But, we did have left over dough so we filled up a muffin pan and made our own minis. I'm not gonna lie and tell you Ashlyn and I haven't been eating the mini tarts all afternoon. Ha and to think- Ashlyn said she didn't like tomato tarts. My exact words- 'The only people who don't like tomato tarts are the ones who've never tried them'. I'm always right. Now go make yourself a tomato tart!!


No comments:

Post a Comment