Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crazy!

Let's talk a bit about my crazy family. (Myself included) I warned Daniel before we got married that I was crazy and if he wanted to back out, then was the time to do it. Aside from my crazy/ beautiful daughter, Ashlyn, our new cat, Marina Katie Funcat, takes the crazy title for the month of July. (I decided to start handing out Craziest Family Member of the Month awards. Some would argue that if I decide to start handing out awards to my cat, that maybe I should get out of the house more often. But I love it here in Little Rock.) And no, I'm not crazy. Well, maybe just a little. Anyways, Ashlyn made it in a very close second place because of a lot of things. There was that time in the hospital 8 hours after giving birth to Kittrell, when Ashlyn asked me if I was getting enough sleep. I looked at her with a puzzled look on my face and she then told me her reason for asking was because I had really dark circles under my eyes. I'll get her back one day after she spends hours and hours in labor with my grandchildren. And I'm still on the lookout for a really good dark circle minimizer for my face. Also, there was another time recently when Ashlyn asked when I was going to get my hair fixed. Because when Daniel and I got married my hair was bright and beautiful- and now it's not. (Her words, not mine.) See- she's crazy. And I now have a new brighter blond hair-do. She's 7, after all, and 7 year olds do usually speak the truth. Now, here's the picture that put Marina over the top. Aside from climbing my curtains, tearing the tops off of her play balls, eating the bottom of my bed, having parties in her litter box and throwing kitty litter all over the bathroom, attacking any and all who pass her door walking down the hall (she's half ninja), and that funny little barking thing she does, she likes to climb the walls in the living room. I swear, I can't figure out what she's after. But it's CRAZY. And maybe even a little scary. But anyways, that's just a little of the craziness I get to deal with on a regular basis. Congrats, Marina Katie. You are officially the craziest thing in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment